Graphical visualization not possible

Hello,

I started using Compas for my semester thesis and I’m not able to find out why I can’t visualise in 3d. When I try to compile an example, I’m getting the error notification below

ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

I tried to update my packages but the qt update failed (see appendix). Also I cannot update pyside2 to a higher version than 5.9.0a1. However I’m not sure if the issue is linked to the installation of these pacakges.

I’m using a Windows 10 computer.

Thank you very much for any advice!

Best,

Joe

can you give me an overview of the steps in your installation procedure (COMPAS, PySide2, …).

in any case, from the screenshot i get the impression that you are installing everything in the base conda environment. i would recommend to leave the base environment alone and create a specific environment for your work. think of the base environment as your operating system and the custom environment as the folder holding your user account :slight_smile:

to reset your base environment do

conda install --revision 1

then create an environment for your stuff

conda create -n mystuff python=3.7 COMPAS

don’t forget to activate the environment in VS Code…

I have few questions regarding the environments:

• Does resetting the base environment, removes all the installed packages?
  • To activate the environment in VS code, do we just run “conda activate …”?
  • How can someone else access/activate the environment I created?

resetting the base environment restores t the state it was in when you first installed it. so it will remove all packages you have installed since. i have never tried to reset the base environment without first removing all other environments, because, in my case, it was always part of a clean up.

to activate an environment in VS Code you can use the Command Palette and choose the option Select Python Interpreter. all Pythons in all available environments should appear in a list.

alternatively, once you have a Python file open, you can also click somewhere on the bottom left of the VS Code window to make the same list appear.

to share an environment with someone else you have to export it as an environment file, or write it manually…