Beam_bathe example - plot_data error (Stopping the server proxy - Message: Fault)

i just re-read the thread of this post and noticed that COMPAS is added to your system environment variables. if you installed COMPAS using conda this is not necessary.

could you try removing it and run the example again (after restarting Rhino), just to make sure i am trying to solve the correct problem, because i have a hard time reproducing it on my system…

just to be clear, COMPAS_FEA should indeed be on the PYTHONPATH, just not COMPAS.

sorry for the inconvenience, but we will get to the bottom of this! :slight_smile:

hi andrew,

yes, we can and should make compas_fea installable, but i have the feeling this is not the source of the problem. in any case, i will send a pull request soon…

tom

i have checked the RPC implementation and it actually already adds the system PYTHONPATH to the Python system path of the Python used by the Proxy Server. therefore there is nothing i can patch…

i have tried to run the COMPAS_FEA examples on my Parallels and can do so without any problem. the only difference i see between my setup and yours is the location of Anaconda (which is in C:\Users\user\Anaconda3 on my computer) and the fact that i only have COMPAS_FEA on my PYTHONPATH and not COMPAS itself. see the screenshot for a summary of my setup…

just FYI, the fea environment was created, activated, and installed as follows

conda create -n fea python=3.7 COMPAS
conda activate fea
python -m compas_rhino.uninstall -v 6.0
python -m compas_rhino.install -v 6.0

Ok, thanks for investigating this so thoroughly!

I’ll mirror your setup at some point in the coming days, and I’ll let you know the result.

Thanks again,

Renaud