DLL failed to load

Hi,

I am trying to test one of the Tutorial examples under the Topology category, which requires me to us compass.plotters package. However, when I debug the code I get the following exceptions:
File “C:\Users\Rahul Attraya\Desktop\TempBoxSync\COMPAS\DataStructures_Topology.py”, line 3, in
from compas.plotters import MeshPlotter
File “C:\Users\Rahul Attraya\compas-dev\compas\src\compas\plotters_init_.py”, line 30, in
from .core import *
File “C:\Users\Rahul Attraya\compas-dev\compas\src\compas\plotters\core_init_.py”, line 2, in
from .drawing import *
File “C:\Users\Rahul Attraya\compas-dev\compas\src\compas\plotters\core\drawing.py”, line 12, in
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
File “C:\Users\Rahul Attraya\Anaconda3\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\pyplot.py”, line 116, in
_backend_mod, new_figure_manager, draw_if_interactive, show = pylab_setup()
File "C:\Users\Rahul Attraya\Anaconda3\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends_init
.py", line 60, in pylab_setup
[backend_name], 0)
File “C:\Users\Rahul Attraya\Anaconda3\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\backend_qt5agg.py”, line 16, in
from .backend_qt5 import (
File “C:\Users\Rahul Attraya\Anaconda3\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\backend_qt5.py”, line 18, in
import matplotlib.backends.qt_editor.figureoptions as figureoptions
File “C:\Users\Rahul Attraya\Anaconda3\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\qt_editor\figureoptions.py”, line 20, in
import matplotlib.backends.qt_editor.formlayout as formlayout
File “C:\Users\Rahul Attraya\Anaconda3\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\qt_editor\formlayout.py”, line 56, in
from matplotlib.backends.qt_compat import QtGui, QtWidgets, QtCore
File “C:\Users\Rahul Attraya\Anaconda3\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\qt_compat.py”, line 137, in
from PyQt5 import QtCore, QtGui, QtWidgets

ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

I was wondering if anyone had any solutions to this issue. Thank you!

The issue was resolved by downloading Anaconda in 32-bit instead of 64-bit.

hi,

good to hear that the problem is resolved, although i am a bit surprised by the solution.
just for my information, which tutorial example were you trying to run?

thanks,
tom

Thank you for your reply. I was surprised with the solution as well. For some reason I was having issues with the PyQT5 package when I had the Anaconda 64-bit.

I have copied the example code which I was testing below for your reference:

import compas
from compas.datastructures import Mesh
from compas.plotters import MeshPlotter

mesh = Mesh.from_obj(compas.get(‘faces.obj’))

plotter = MeshPlotter(mesh)

root = 17
nbrs = mesh.vertex_neighbours(root, ordered=True)

text = {nbr: str(i) for i, nbr in enumerate(nbrs)}
text[root] = root

facecolor = {nbr: ‘#cccccc’ for nbr in nbrs}
facecolor[root] = ‘#ff0000

plotter.draw_vertices(
text=text,
facecolor=facecolor,
radius=0.15
)
plotter.draw_faces()
plotter.draw_edges()

plotter.show()